Essentials on Demand FAQs
Essentials on Demand (E-Store)
In a world of social distancing getting what you need, so that you can focus on what’s important can be challenging.
Let Us Do The Heavy Lifting
Essential On Demand allows you to order living essentials such as snacks, household goods and toiletries without ever leaving campus. Available Tuesday–Saturday Essentials On Demand saves you time and effort. Once your order is placed, it will be packed and ready for pick-up with you arrive.
Ordering Your Essentials is easy as 1-2-3
- Visit the website to choose your essentials
- Place your order by 1:00pm local time
- Pick up your essentials package at your designated pick up location between 4pm – 6pm local time the same day Tuesday–Saturday
What if I don’t arrive to pick up my items on time?
All items will be charged at the time of ordering and are non-refundable. If you arrive after the pick up timeframe, you will have one business day as a grace period to retrieve your package.
Can I Change My Order?
With our current system you are not able to change your order online. If you need to add to your order, please create a second order online prior to the ordering cut off (1:00pm local time). If you would like to edit quantities or delete an item from your order, please contact customer service.
Can I Cancel My Order?
You can cancel an order before the cutoff time. If you would like to cancel your order after the cutoff time, please contact customer service.
Can Someone Else Pick Up My Order?
Yes! An alternate person can pick up orders that are purchased using credit, debit or cash. Contact Customer Care to add an alternate pickup person to your order. A photo ID may be required to accept the order.
For orders using campus cash or dining dollars, the holder of the card must be present for pick up to protect the security of their accounts.
What If I Ordered Online at 1:01pm Local Time?
All orders that come in after 1:00pm local time will be ready for pick-up on the following business day.
What if my order is damaged?
You can return the item for a refund or a replacement during the pick up window of 4:00pm – 6:00pm local time.
Online Shopping Tips
Online shopping is fast and easy, but it's still "buyer beware." Providing your information online can be as safe as providing it to a store you visit in-person, as long as you follow a few simple rules:
- Make sure your computer's security software is up-to-date
- Shop well-known brands or sites with which you are familiar
- Make sure the site uses a secure check-out – look for https in the url or for other security indicators
- Purchase using your credit card
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is a scam
- Understand how the site will use your data and the choices that are available to you regarding its use by reading the site’s privacy statement
Check out these links for additional tips on making online shopping safe:
- Stay Safe Online Shopping (National Cyber Security Alliance)
- You Are Here (FTC)
- How to Shop Online More Safely (AARP)
- Safeshopping.org (American Bar Association)
- Tips for Shopping Safely Online (Better Business Bureau)